Sunday, 12 January 2014

Saturday

9am

where am I? in the car

what am I wearing? grey converse, black and white chevron dress

what's the sky like? pink, blue, grey, misty

what's motivating me?  finally dragging ourselves to Manchester to see Grayson Perry "The Vanity of Small Differences" and The Jeremy Deller curated "All That Is Solid Melts Into Air". Excitement.

2pm

where am I? Fred Aldous

what am I wearing? as 9am but with a blue and green coat

what's the sky like? not visible, I'm underground

what's motivating me? everything! pinnies, amazing art, colouring books, baby gifts, printing ink, the smell of pencils, Moomins, falafel. The first thing we saw when we got into the centre, was near the Cathedral a sparrowhawk eating a pigeon - slightly grim but also amazing

5pm

where am I? in the car, homeward

what am I wearing? as 9am

what's the sky like? pink, grey, blue, yellow

what's motivating me? potatoes, anniversaries, rabbits, football, quilting, community

4 comments:

  1. Lucky you. I like Grayson Perry. I bet it was an interesting exhibition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was great. We'd seen the tv series about it a couple of years ago on Channel 4 and were very excited that it was in Manchester.

      I'd only seen one of his pieces before, a pot, so it was very exciting to see the tapestries. Nice to have such a big exhibition nearby, London is too far for me as I can't leave the buns.

      Delete
  2. Looks like a grand day out.
    Did you buy?
    Love from Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grand is the word. I did come home with a bagful of items, printing ink, a pinny, pastels and colouring books for me and jumper from the charity shop for Dan. Could have spent a fortune!

      Delete