Monday, 13 January 2014

Proper Tightwaddery

I did one of those proper tightwad things yesterday. Dan had scuffed his shoes and there's no way we're buying more yet so I coloured them in with a black Sharpie, polished them and they look fine.

Today should have been another NSD like yesterday but I have ordered a birthday present for Dan. We don't usually exchange Christmas gifts but we generally get each other something when birthday time rolls around. I think it's probably because both of our birthdays are at the start of the year so we have gift cash sloshing around so there's a bit of wiggle room. 

I'm going to do some batch cooking today so we can have a cheap week at the end of the month. If I can stash 7 or 8 evening meals then the final shopping trip should be super cheap. 

It's all very small and domesticated this week I think. 

2 comments:

  1. I think Sharpies are brilliant for covering scuff marks.
    I too am working hard at small and domesticated this week [so why am I at the PC when I should be sorting out a cupboard??]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a great, simple tip, glad I'm not the only one who does it.

      I love Sharpies. I got my first one as a freebie when David Beckham started advertising them, which after a quick search I find was Summer 2008. It's still in use for marking everything that goes into the freezer or pantry.
      The black one is a mini one and I know it's going to come in handy plenty over the years.

      Good luck with your cupboard, secret confession, I love a bit of cupboard sorting.

      Delete