Friday, 31 January 2014

Playing House. More Trolley Talk

After much chin scratching and wondering I found a home for the tea trolley. We have a weird little alcove in the dining area, it's where the phone socket is so the phone and router have to live there. The space has always been filled and shelf provided by an Ikea "Hol" storage box. It was one of the first things Dan and I bought for our room when we moved in together in 2002, It's great, solid wood, strong enough to stand on - as I did twice a day every day for just over 8 years in order to close the curtains in our old house. It also holds plenty, Dan's Lego lives inside. 

The alcove thing is also the ideal size for a tea trolley. So I moved all the stuff, moved the fridge freezer to unplug the router and slid the trolley into the gap. I mentioned the other day that I didn't really like storing my cook books in the pantry so I've selected a few and put them on the bottom shelf, the rest are in the cupboard above the oven. I just need to sort out the wires, cable protector and other little things to prevent bunny damage, give everything a clean and we're done. 

Lego is great for keeping bunny teeth away from delicate things!

Moving the books freed up space for me to put my food processor, blender and scales into the pantry, much better for me. 

Please let this be the most boring photograph I ever take


I think the wire trolleys will change use many many times but for now they're holding all the bits and bobs that are required but always seem to be in the way. 


Of course today I am turning the dining area into a blanket fort as Dan wants one for his birthday, the TV show "Community" is currently his favourite thing and they had one, so he wants one. And why not?

6 comments:

  1. Very neat and very tidy. I really must sort some shelves out, you put me to shame. We had a bunny, inherited with the house that ate through cables in the garage. Nibble, nibble here and there but he always missed the live wire!
    Love from Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They always do! I can't tell you how much stuff we've had fall victim to bunnies over the years.

      Delete
  2. It's great when you find the perfect place for something and storage problems are resolved. I find that I can have some things for years before I find a place I am fully happy with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same. There are some thing that have been used for all many of weird and wonderful things.

      Delete
  3. I'm loving the charity shop finds... the one I work in tends to bin anything more than a few years old before anyone gets to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The manager is excellent, if there's a chance something will be snapped up it will go into the shop. We sell things from 9p upwards!

      Delete