Thursday, 16 January 2014

January Shopping Week Three

This is for the week 11 - 16 January, a short week because I'm still sorting out shopping days. We're going shopping tonight for the next week then it should be plain sailing. I think I know what I mean.

I've just had a look at my online receipts and there is now a price match at my supermarket so I "saved" 31p this week. The loyalty card scheme only started part way through last year so I'm still getting used to it. As far as I can see when there's a price match discount it's added to "my rewards" when this gets to a fiver I'll receive a voucher through the post. I can get extra rewards if I buy certain items and certain items have an extra 10% off (like Waitrose). Without knowing all that it turns out my rewards balance is £4.85, so I'm not too far away from getting a voucher. I'm not quite sure how that's added up to so much but I'm not complaining. Anyway, spending this week - 

£ 8.97 f&v
£ 7.65 pantry
£ 2.26 dairy and non-dairy
£ 4.89 bread
£ 0.80 non-food

Total £24.57

Total £77.96 (Jan 1-16)

Quite expensive but we treated ourselves to a sack of potatoes (£5) and something for our anniversary. The final week of the month will be off menu plan as I've been cooking extra each night so we'll have a freezer week.

6 comments:

  1. It's a mistake having new posts delivered to your email address as you tend to rad them and then forget to comment. I am amazed by how often you manage to blog. I've not done it for ages now, don't seem to have the time.

    I hope you are going to keep us up to date with your quilting progress with pictures too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think it's a secret that I have too much time on my hands! I have internet time pencilled into my daily routine. I've had a routine since I started sorting my house out, getting rid of the hoard and generally cleaning up my act so I made time for the support forum I used to visit and now for this.

      If the sun ever comes out I'll take some pictures of the quilt progress.

      Delete
  2. You're doing well.
    Love from Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks, it seems to be going smoothly, I think obeying the shopping list helps!

      Delete