Wednesday, 29 January 2014

Charity Shop Treasure #2

I've been after a metal veg rack trolley thing for the pantry for ages, we looked at one in a nice cook stuff shop in Carlisle a little while ago but it was pretty expensive, even though it looked fantastic quality. So I waited and looked and nearly got one for Christmas but I waited. There you go just like a bus, two come along. 

These are the items I spotted as soon as I walked into the shop yesterday. £1.99 each. Whaaaaat? Crazy price, so I knew I wanted them. The nice and narrow, just what I need because the pantry is not very wide, these should fit just under the shelf. They're also the ideal colour, the pantry is painted a yellowy green (Dulux Forest Lake 4), this is only a shade different to the original wall colour for the dining area, we had already bought the paint when we discovered this, spooky!

I an far too excited about owning these

The final item was another thing on our wants list. At the minute our "in use" magazines and books are in a metal magazine file, like I'd have were I important enough to have a home office (it's the same as some of the cookbooks are stored in, if you saw them in the pantry post). So we'd been looking around for the right thing, and here the right thing is.

I like it as it reminds me of those milk bottle holders for when the milkman comes

We also had in our mind we wanted a small side table but it was fairly low down the priority list. Now we have both a magazine rack and a small table because the magazine rack folds out!

Just like magic!


As the photo makes clear this is not in perfect condition, as something that's a bit old probably won't be. There's a little chip on the handle and the edging of the table isn't fully stuck down in one corner. But I really like it and I think it will work well. I paid £6.99 for this too. 





6 comments:

  1. Great purchases. I particularly like the veg trolleys for the pantry. They'll look great in there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't have found better had I looked all year. They're ideal aren't they.

      I really like the wooden trolley and the magazine table, they'll be so useful and look lovely in the house, but the veg racks are my favourites.

      Delete
  2. You've had some great bargains. What an unusual magazine rack. I've never seen one like that before.
    Love from Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mum. I'm really glad I went for it, it's a great size for our room. The white rabbit is fascinated by it!

      Delete
  3. Great treasures - I think my mum had one of the wire veg racks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I will certainly look after them.

      Delete