Wednesday, 18 December 2013

Joining The Club

Twinkly tree, pinecones and lanterns, a ceramic snowman filled with chocolates, nuts in shells, citrus fruits, babycham, black forest cake, sprouts, Tommy Steele, glittery jumper, pomegranate juice, spare room filled with stuff. I think that's the full checklist and yet there's something missing.

I'm not feeling festive. I'm very happy and excited but not about Christmas, just about things in general - rag rugs, lino prints, another quilt, lovely husband, seeing a friend for the first time in 13 years, birthday, snowdrops, coal tits, flannelette sheets, yellow nail polish. It's probably better to be excited about that stuff than the other way round though. 

I think the Rugby League World Cup threw me out. One minute it was the start of October then all of a sudden it was December. Plus the RLWC was so amazing almost anything else falls by the wayside. And it's too warm, no good at all. 

I have sent two cards. One to my friend in The Netherlands, that happened because I always send it early and I was in the first flush of excitement about funtivities. The other is to my mum who would be very cross if there was no card. She'd rather have a card than a gift. So that's that. I think part of my problem is that I'm too organised, everything is very calm and just gets done, there's no losing of tape, I don't have to dig out the wrapping paper (due to my dislike of the wrapping paper curse). Everything is ready to go and I think rather than some festive feeling I'm missing feeling spontaneous. 

On the plus side, I used the till at the charity shop yesterday! I have yet to learn the ins and outs of Gift Aid but one step at a time. 

2 comments:

  1. Yep I've got one of those spare rooms filled with stuff too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like having a peek in there to see all the lovely stuff.

      Delete