Tuesday, 19 November 2013

And That's Why We Left

I had my taster session with the charity today. As I was in the shop all afternoon it was a little teeny bit boring but everyone was very pleasant and the customers were lovely. Then I met the "superstar", she is from a place Dan and I used to live. One of the many reasons we left was people like her. 

Luckily I was on my best behaviour so I smiled and nodded instead of responding in the way I would have liked...

Why be rude? What benefit does that bring to someone's world? Thankfully I'm not easily upset so being told I sound boring made me laugh rather than cry. Maybe I am boring but at least I'm not a nasty gossipy rude snob*.

*actually I might be some of those things when provoked.

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes it's hard to get away from negative people. There's nothing more boring than someone who thinks everyone and everything else is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree.

      She seemed to equate being interesting with having a career or being a parent. Odd.

      Delete