Saturday, 19 October 2013

Festive Feeling

Firstly the good news. After 8 days of being jammed shut I managed to open the junk drawer. I had reached the point where I was just going to leave it but then I remembered it's where I keep the emergency £20 grocery money. The motivation of cash was enough for me to give it another go, thankfully I'm quite small and have tiny hands so I could fit into the cupboard below and squeeze my hand into the back of the drawer. Even though the drawer is now empty I'm almost too afraid to close it. 

I'm not a huge Christmas person but I have a couple of days a year where I think it would be nice to make some decorations. Today was one of those days. A little while ago Dan mentioned that a wreath would look nice on the front door, as we live in a place where it would almost certainly not be nicked I agreed. On our travels today we found ourselves in a shop - I can hardly believe it as I still haven't recovered from the epic trip on Monday, we saw a ribbon wreath, very nice but at a cost of £25 there was no way I'd go for it. I know that somewhere around the house I have some ribbon, I certainly have lots of fabric scraps so I bought a hoop (sadly for me there were no polystyrene ones to make it easy) and some wire and I'm ready to go. 

Now I'm at home I have that uneasy feeling that although it should be simple and fun it may not end that way. 

2 comments:

  1. You can do it! Don't forget to post a pic of the finished creation.
    Love from Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Win, lose or draw I will share a photo!

    ReplyDelete