Wednesday, 16 October 2013

Celeriac Schnitzel

I don't generally post recipes here but this was so delicious I thought I would in case it had passed anyone else by (although I'm probably the last to have heard about it). We don't usually have eggs in the house but due to the huge amount of cake making that's been going on this week it's been a necessity. To use up the last couple Em made this for us yesterday -

1 celeriac, peeled and cut into thin slices
some plain flour
a couple of beaten eggs
some oil for shallow frying
seasoning of your choice

have a dish ready with each of the coatings - flour, egg, breadcrumbs. Flavour them with whatever herbs or spices you like, dip the celeriac in each dish in turn then fry until crispy and golden. Drain on some kitchen paper. 

Really really easy and yummy. I made some plaki to go with ours but Em tried out the recipe last week and served it with salad. 


No comments:

Post a Comment