Saturday, 28 September 2013

The Tricky Second Quilt



I loved making the blocks for this quilt but putting it together was not fun. I had to stick the thing away from May to September as it made me very cross indeed. There were points at which I thought having a sewing machine might be a good idea, of course now it's done I admit I love the misery of hand sewing.

It's a sofa quilt, long and slim so we can both fit under it without being swallowed up in fabric. Although at the minute I wrap it around myself like a very exotic looking coiled snake. Cosy toast.

the benefit of having an indoor rabbit pen

the back


back detail

Most of the fabric is Mod Century from Jenn Ski and it's lovely. 

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful quilt. Looks tricky though. I like the colours. Very fresh. I love the misery of hand sewing too. It gives me a sense of ownership of anything I make by hand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I agree with you about it feeling more "mine" when I've done it all myself, especially the binding. I love binding. I think if I used a machine I'd want everything to be more perfect but I love wonky quilts.

      Delete
  2. Oh wow, it's superb. Well done you for hand sewing such a beautiful heirloom.
    Love from Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete