Thursday, 1 August 2013

The Hunt For Coconut Ice Cream

We went to Frederick's in Chorley yesterday for a payday ice cream treat. This teeny, yummy venue is about 25 miles away so it is a trek. Found a parking space, ran through the rain to the shop and had a look at the menu outside. 




No coconut.

I know they do coconut but there was none to be had. So I got my nutty cone with cinder toffee and hazelnut swirl, Dan went for a honeycomb cone with honeycomb and stracciatella. Then Dan spotted a poster suggesting that if a particular flavour wasn't out in the fridge we should ask *tap nose and look a bit shifty* so he did. The bloke behind the counter didn't think so but ventured off into the back to have a look in the big freezer. "We only have a tub to take away" he said upon his return. Tub beats cone doesn't it so after parting with possibly too much money I am the proud owner of a tub of coconut icecream. Hooray! (yes, that plant does look unhealthy doesn't it!)



6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I don't have ice cream very often but I really enjoy it when I do!

      Delete
  2. Just what you wanted. Enjoy.
    Love from Mum
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Extensive list, what is Rainbow?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure, there was one with different sweeties in, that was multi coloured so maybe it was that. It's so overwhelming in there with all the choice it's hard to take them all in!

      Delete