Tuesday, 30 July 2013

Squats

At the end of June a friend challenged me to join her in the 30 Day Squat Challenge, as the name suggests you do lots of squats for 30 days, starting off with 50 and ending up on the final day doing 250. 

Today is the final day of our challenge. I can't quite believe I saw it through, especially in the heat but here we are! I've just done my last set and now it's over. It wasn't a tough challenge physically but getting up every day knowing I had to do them got a little boring in the middle of the month. I have to say it's been more than worth it. As I've said before, I'm not a finisher but I have finished this small challenge when no-one would really have known if I'd have packed it in so I'm happy about that. It has also made a huge difference to how I look, so that's a great motivator to step away from the junk I've been eating all all those bottles of beer here and there and move back towards healthy living, you know just in time to start making those cobblers, crumbles and piles of mash again.

I am glad I don't have to think about doing squats tomorrow though!

No comments:

Post a Comment