Tuesday, 16 July 2013

Coconut Ice Cream

I have no desire to make my own ice cream, however I would really like some coconut ice cream. I know it exists but I can't find it anywhere. I think Fredericks in Chorley is my best bet but it's a bit of a trek for a small tub. I've been banging on about it for weeks. Dan ran through the front door last evening and shoved something straight into the freezer. The way he ran in I thought he'd rescued some poor unfortunate creature. In a way he had. He'd been to Blackpool and on the way home passed Notarianni's, popped in and bought me a tub of ice cream topped with nuts and a flake. Do you see what he did there? Coco(a) and nuts! Very clever. 

Then as if by magic I saw an idea for covering a blueberry in coconut cream, rolling it in coconut and sticking it in the freezer. It would appear I'm not the only person who desires frozen coconutty deliciousness. Could I just freeze a Bounty? I love Bessant and Drury vegan ice cream, it's made from coconut milk but they don't do that as a flavour. Insanity! Yes, I have a one track mind. 

There is now officially nothing new I can say about Widnes. Another poor display very similar in style to the previous games against Leeds and Wakefield. There weren't many positives but Kevin Brown's pick up from Joe Mellor's kick to put Patty Ah Van in for our only try was fantastic. Sadly allowing Wigan in to score 8 tries wasn't as pleasing. We play bottom of the table London at home on Friday. What a way to start the weekend. I'd like to say we've come to our senses and we're not going but that would be a lie. 

4 comments:

  1. Ah, I just saw coconut milk ice cream for the first time yesterday in my local Chinese supermarket. They had all the strawberry and chocolate flavours you might expect, but I was very intrigued by the black sesame one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That does sound exciting! Now you have me thinking, maybe I could get hold of some kulfi. Hmmmm.

      Delete
  2. There is nothing better than coconut ice cream. We found some last winter in Spain, but I am not sure I have seen in on general sale in the UK.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yum! I wonder why it's nor bigger here, after all we have Bounty bars, Malibu and love a nice curry with coconut milk.

      Delete