Monday, 24 June 2013

Lazy Sunday Afternoon

I surprised myself yesterday by just how overjoyed I was for someone else and their good fortune. 

Changes in other people always make you think about yourself don't they. Our changes may be small but we're going to do three new things next month. That's a good start. One is to go to a geekfest, one is to go to Birmingham *yay* and one is to watch an old film in an old place - wearing some kind of costume (we don't yet own the costume).

Two more great things from the very splendid people I know - flowers (now residing in my freebie orange vase) and a mouse *hooray*. Oh and lots of tools, so many things. See my cup is overflowing so much I can hardly even remember it all. 

We have overspent though, well... we've over saved which is the same thing I guess. But we couldn't pass up the chance to visit with friends we haven't seen for two years (and probably won't see for another two) just for the sake of an afternoon out on our own on holiday. I am more than certain it was the best thing to do. I didn't realise that my heart really did grow fonder!

Due to the frivolity we didn't go to Odsal to watch Bradford v Widnes (scene of my phone and iPod death). Guess what. We won, we hadn't won there since 1990. 28-32, well done lads. Big kiss to Rhys Hanbury as ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment