Wednesday, 1 May 2013

Life Audit, One

A couple of people I know elsewhere are doing a life audit so I thought it was a good time for me to do one too. 

I have questions to work through and I think that's what I'm going to go through here. 

1. Of what accomplishments, talents or achievements are you most proud?

Proud isn't a word I'd ever really use. You either do something or you don't do it so, for me "proud" is just a way to describe finishing something. Having said that, I'm not a huge finisher of things so that's probably why. 

2. What's important to you? What do you value above everything else?

Of course Dan and rabbits, our homestead and all the usual stuff. But in terms of myself I value the way I can see things in a different way to other people and can generally cut through things to the knust of the issue. 

3. How do you motivate yourself?

A bit of a downfall, I am rubbish at this, mainly because I very rarely have something I feel driven to do. A lot of the time I wait until I've had an "I've had it" moment then do something because it needs to be done. Other than that it's a "I don't have to like it, I just have to do it" approach. That's the stick, the carrot would be a pie or something like that. 

4. What do you do when you're up against it? What are your sources of strength and support?

Shout and be a bit stubborn. Sometimes I go to bed and sometimes I just get on with things whether I like it or not, unless I can avoid the situation in which case I will. 

My main sources of support are of course Dan and my virtual friends. I find virtual friends can be more helpful as they don't have the baggage of who they think you are, just take you more on face value.

5. If there were a secret passion in your life, what would it be?

Erm, I'm not really a bucket list or indeed a secrets person. I think I'd like to know more about how computers work or be better at screen printing. But the screen printing thing isn't a secret or a passion, it's a thing-that-would-be-quite-good-to-do.

6. What do you consider to be your key strengths?

Being able to ask the question behind the question, i.e what's really going on, rather than what the appearance is (not that I believe in objective truth). Erm, I know all the lyrics to "We Didn't Start The Fire" by Billy Joel, good memory which can be useful. Aaaaand I'm quick witted which is also useful. 

7. What do you consider to be your main areas for development?

Motivation, standing up and doing stuff. 

8. When you've been successful at making changes, what helped?

Lack of options, if I can't do it I won't and if I have to do it then I will. Too much choice isn't a good thing. 

9.  What are the main challenges for you?

None, I live a pretty charmed life. Resisting pastry.

10. In what circumstances so you feel empowered, at one with the world, at peace with yourself, like life is in alignment with your values?

Empowered isn't really a thing that I either am or am not. At one with the world - never, I don't really know what that means and if it's anything to do with feeling at one with other people I wouldn't want to feel that way. At peace with myself, when I'm in bed or having a walk, the rest of the time I'm thinking so it's not a time to be at peace. Life is in alignment with my values much of the time - we all have things that go against the grain to some extent as we have to deal with other people and all that. But I walk the walk as much as I think is necessary. Other than milk in tea, just can't stop it. 

That's enough for now!



No comments:

Post a Comment