Monday, 22 April 2013

April Menu Plan

We did the plan last night. Again, it's a simple thing. I know a lot of people have a problem with planning first because what you want might not be available or something else might be cheaper but I don't see that as a problem for planning. The plan is something that guides me towards what we're going to have. So if I get to the shop and the don't have whatever it is then I buy something that will do the trick. If we said we wanted tacos but find some wraps in the pantry then we'll use them - tacos is kind of shorthand for "something spicy involving lots of cumin, chipotles and beans. If a recipe has certain veg in it but other veg a cheaper then we'll buy what's cheap, it's not a big deal. Far from being regimented or there to scupper my creativity (not that I wish to have creativity where cooking is concerned) it frees me up.

Also, back on the diet thing as of yesterday. I'd already done 45 minutes exercise, had a shower and was ready to eat a banana by half nine so that's better than a kick in the face.

Anyway, here's the list, yep, we're going through a rice phase-  

1. snacky (me only)
2. pasta
3. curry
4. out

5. out
6. toasties
7. lentil bol
8. ratatouille w harissa potatoes
9. jambalaya/khao pad
10 curry
11 singapore noodles

12 stirfry w rice
13 gigantes plaki w herb potatoes
14 kofta w tabbouleh
15 l/o
16 tacos
17 curry
18 pizza

19 pasta
20 pilaf
21 moussaka
22 fajitas
23 chilli w l/o wraps
24 curry
25 beans and wedges
26 pasta bake
27 falafel, bulghur and whatever else is in the fridge
28 out
29 gigantes plaki
30 tagine 
31 curry
 



2 comments:

  1. Hi that's good to menu plan. That's one thing I wish I could get into the swing of doing!.
    I didn't have a good weekend on the diet front!
    Well done with your exercise too
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lot of trial and error to find a way that works and like everything it's not for everyone but it really helps us.

      There must be something in the air with the diet thing. Hope you have a positive week this week.

      Delete