Sunday, 24 February 2013

More Thoughts About Shoes

I added a pair of boots to the charity bag this morning. These boots have been in and out of the bag many times. I'd had them for over 10 years, didn't pay that much for them, they didn't go with anything else in my wardrobe and I wasn't all that bothered about the style any more. So why was it so hard to part with them? 

They're leather.

It's been hard to get rid of the leather because I know once it's gone it'll never come back. As I said the other day I'm having trouble getting hold of shoes but these boots have been on my mind. In order to keep them in my wardrobe for the past 6 or 7 years I've used the reasoning that I bought them when I was a meat eater and to chuck them away would be ridiculous. And to chuck them away would be ridiculous, as is keeping them in the wardrobe and never wearing them because they're so obviously leather!

I'm not totally leather free, I have one pair of "occasion" shoes that are part leather and some walking shoes that have an amount of suede on them. I'm not in a place where I can get rid of them at the minute and I don't know if I will. But I feel better about letting the boots go, someone else will get good wear out of them and there will be a few quid in the charity shop till too.

No comments:

Post a Comment